October 17, 2011

Jaxton's 1st Birthday

My little buddy turned one (5 months ago...don't judge!).  I wanted to post pictures of his party, but mostly his cake.  Yes, I became one of those crazy mom's and made an over-the-top birthday cake, but it was so worth it.  My cousin's Lori and Katie made the cake for Jaxton and they did an amazing job!  Kavic and I are obsessed with Madagascar and can quote either movie from beginning to end.  Of course, if we love the movie then Jaxton loves it as well, and if he doesn't he cannot be claimed as one of ours.  Fortunately I think he loved it.  Still to this day the monkey sound is the one and only animal noise he will make, and everything makes the sound of a monkey, his favorite stuffed animal is a monkey, and he acts like a monkey too.  I think we will continue to claim him!


 The decorations that Kavic put up...He did much better decorating than I would have!

The cake table


This is the amazing cake I was talking about! So cute!



I made a second cake for Jaxton to dig into, I wanted him to get dirty and get chocolate everywhere.  His other cake was all fondant and wouldn't get very messy!


We gave him his cake and he just poked at it for a couple of minutes


 Kavic had to show him what he was supposed to do with it... Eat It!


Even after showing him how to eat his cake, he only wanted to play in it and throw it over the side of his chair...silly boy!  Maybe next year he will dive into his cake.

Present time!  He loved the dump truck he got from his nanny and grumpy-gramps (my parents, don't ask where grumpy-gramps came from, I don't have an answer for you!) 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!!! The cake was amazing! Thanks for the blog update. I love seeing what you guys are up to. :)

Katie Jane said...

That cake was seriously so adorable!